The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation seeks a Program Manager for the organization’s Tokyo office. The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization created in 1983 to advance Maureen and Mike Mansfield’s life-long efforts to promote understanding and cooperation among the nations and peoples of Asia and the United States. Through close collaboration among offices in Washington, D.C., Missoula, Montana, and Tokyo, the Foundation conducts exchanges and policy dialogues and produces publications that create networks among U.S. and Asian leaders, explore the underlying issues influencing public policies, and increase awareness about the nations and people of Asia.
- Assist with implementation of the Foundation’s programs in Japan, the U.S., and elsewhere, including:
- Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to: answering phones, creating and editing correspondence, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files
- Translate documents and assist with informational materials
- Help coordinate and staff the Tokyo office’s special functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the Foundation’s Tokyo office
- Japanese language (native), Japanese citizenship
- English proficiency and strong written and oral communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Bachelor’s degree and experience studying in the U.S.
- Master’s degree preferred
- More than 5 years of work experience
- Computer skills, including internet research, Word, and Excel
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to details
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in U.S.-Asia relations and public policy
Terms: This position is full-time, 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday.
Probation period is 6 months.
Contact: E-mail cover letter and resume (both in Japanese and English) to email@example.com with “PROGRAM MANAGER” in the subject line. References are appreciated if available. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: December 15, 2021