Position Announcement: Program Assistant
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation, a non-profit that promotes understanding and cooperation between Asia and the United States, seeks a full-time Program Assistant for its Washington, DC office.
The ideal candidate will be able to start work in 2022 in a work-from-home capacity, with the expectation of resuming in-office operations in Washington, DC one to two days a week. The Program Assistants will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Provide logistical and administrative support to programs, alongside other program staff, including scheduling, logistics, travel arrangements, and program promotion for a project portfolio
- This position will have some focus on both Korea and Asia-wide programming, which may include:
- Supporting role in the preparation and submission of existing grant proposals, reports, and concept papers in collaboration and seeking new grant possibilities with senior staff by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering and review
- Provide task and management support to the organization’s fundraisers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in the organization’s grants database on prospective and awarded grants
- Perform other administrative and organizational duties as required and assigned to assist in the effective operation of programs
- One year or more of professional experience in international exchange programs
- Note: internship or volunteer experience is acceptable
- Language: Native-level English fluency is required. Additionally, Korean language ability is required; please note in your application your level of Korean language ability
- Problem solver with proactive and positive attitude
- Demonstrated written communication skills; strong English-language skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- U.S. citizenship or current work visa is required
- Competitive candidates will have a college degree and demonstrated interest in International Relations, Asian studies, or related fields
- While some Korean competency is required, native-level fluency (both in writing and speaking) is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, insurance, and a retirement plan, the salary for this entry-level position will be $40,000 – $50,000 per year.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.