The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes understanding and cooperation between Asia and the United States, seeks a full-time Associate Director of Programs in its Washington, D.C. office. The ideal candidate will be able to start work in October in a hybrid work capacity, with the expectation of working in the office one to two days a week this year.
Job Summary and Requirements
Responsibilities include working independently and as part of a team to develop, promote, implement, recruit participants, and fulfill reporting requirements for programs aligned with the Foundation’s mission. This position requires extensive coordination with Foundation staff (including offices in Montana and Tokyo), program sponsors, and cohorts of program participants throughout the United States and in Asia.
Candidates should have at least three years of work experience and a bachelor’s degree, though a master’s degree is preferred. The program officer will be working with both federal government agencies and private foundations who support aspects of the Mansfield Foundation’s activities. Responsibilities include implementing these programs, managing budgets, reporting on program progress to grantmakers, and keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Understanding of and passion for improving U.S.-Japan relations, particularly in the government sector
- Demonstrated budget and program management experience
- Ability to join in ocassional domestic and international travel
- U.S. citizenship or current work visa
- Previous experience in dealing with U.S. federal government grants is strongly preferred.
- Japanese language ability is appreciated, but not required
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mansfield Fellowship Program and Mansfield-PhRMA Research Scholars Program: This position will provide support on the Mansfield Fellowship Program and PhRMA Research Scholars Program, managing U.S.-side components including recruitment of Mansfield Fellows and arranging meetings for the annual PhRMA Research Scholars study trip in the United States.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, insurance, and a retirement plan, the starting salary for this position will be $60,000 – $65,000 per year.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Associate Director of Programs.”
Application deadline: September 23, 2022
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.