Program and Administrative Assistant
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation, a non-profit that promotes understanding and cooperation between the United States and Asia, seeks a full-time Program and Administrative Assistant for its Washington, DC office. The Program and Administrative Assistant will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Provide administrative support for Foundation exchanges and dialogues, including scheduling, logistics, travel arrangements, and promotion of programs including:
- Thomas S. Foley Legislative Exchange Program
- Capitol Hill Asia Policy Dialogues
- Mansfield Policy Round tables
- Other programs as assigned
- Assist President and Vice President with administrative tasks, scheduling, and outreach activities
- Serve as DC point of contact for Government of Japan’s Friendship Ties Programs
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Manage vendor relationships
- Oversee all aspects of IT systems (including hardware, software, and basic support for Foundation staff)
- Oversee D.C. office finances and serve as liaison with Montana-based financial director
- Manage recruitment and support of Visiting Fellows
- Recruit and supervise interns
Competitive candidates will have a college degree, demonstrated interest in International Relations, Asian studies, or related fields, and two or three years of work experience.
Computer skills and strong written and communication skills are essential.
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
U.S. citizenship or current work visa is required.
Asian language ability a plus.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline: January 20, 2020