Update: The application for this program closed on January 23, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Thank you so much for your interest in this program.
For a program overview and further details, please visit: Maureen Mansfield Women’s Empowerment Series: Trilateral Youth Empowerment Program.
The application must be completed and emailed to the Mansfield Foundation no later than 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Eastern Standard Time) on January 23, 2023. Application materials, including reference letters, must also be submitted by this time. Please submit all application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Terms
- Applicant identifies as a woman
- Applicant is 18-24 years old
- Applicant is a legal resident of the United States, Japan, and/or Republic of Korea
- Applicant is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Applicant is able to attend virtual workshops and travel to Washington, DC for a weeklong in-person capstone meeting in August 2023
- Applicant is able to communicate comfortably in English
First Round: Please submit all required applications by January 23, 2023:
1) Application form which asks for the following information: Download an Application Trilateral Youth Empowerment
– Personal Information
– Language Proficiency and Experiences Abroad
– Topic Interests
– Emergency Contact Information
– Short Essays
2) One to two recommendation letters (educational and/or professional) in English, Korean, or Japanese. The letter should include information on the recommender’s connection to the applicant (educational or professional), personal qualities about the applicant, and explanation on why the writer believes the applicant would be a good candidate for the program.
Second Round: The Mansfield Foundation will reach out to applicants separately to request a short video and school transcript.
– Short Video (prompt will be announced later)
– Official School Transcript from Undergraduate or Graduate Program
Finalists will be announced on February 10, 2023.
This program is administered by the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation with funding provided by the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo through an open grant competition award.