Position Announcement: Administrative and Program Assistant, Tokyo Office
July 1, 2016
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation seeks an Administrative and Program Assistant for the organization’s Tokyo office. The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation (www.mansfieldfdn.org) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization created in 1983 to advance Maureen and Mike Mansfield’s life-long efforts to promote understanding and cooperation among the nations and peoples of Asia and the United States. Through close collaboration among offices in Washington, D.C., Missoula, Montana, and Tokyo, the Foundation conducts exchanges and policy dialogues and produces publications that create networks among U.S. and Asian leaders, explore the underlying issues influencing public policies, and increase awareness about the nations and people of Asia.
- Assist with implementation of the Foundation’s programs in Japan, the U.S. and elsewhere.
- Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to: answering phones, creating and editing correspondence, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, mailing, and ordering office supplies.
- Update Tokyo office’s mailing list
- Oversee computer operations
- Translate documents and assist with informational materials
- Provide support to Mansfield Fellows
- Help coordinate and staff Tokyo office’s special functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director and Program Manager of the Foundation’s Tokyo office
- Japanese (native)
- Bachelor’s degree/study in the U.S. experience
- English proficiency and strong written and oral communication skills in both Japanese and English
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Computer skills, including research on the Internet, Word, Excel
- Excellent problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to details
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in U.S.-Asia relations, public policy
Terms: This position is full-time, 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday
Contact: E-mail cover letter and resume (both in Japanese and English) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ADMINISTRATIVE and PROGRAM ASSISTANT” in the subject line. References are appreciated if available. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2016
Please click HERE to read the position description in Japanese.